This honey glazed carrots with walnuts recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make. Plus, it is an impressive looking side dish to have on the dinner table for any occasion!
Preparation and Ingredients
A side dish that's simple, delicious and with very few ingredients is the best! Even better, this is a one tray dish, no fussing about.
Preheat oven at 180°C (356°F).
Simply cut the carrot tops off, leaving about 2cm attached to the carrots. Wash the carrots thoroughly.
On a lined baking tray, toss carrots with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle walnuts onto the tray and drizzle honey all over the carrots and walnuts. The sweet and salty combination works wonderfully with the carrots and walnuts.
If you don't have walnuts in the cupboard, you can easily swap it for pecans, almonds or any other nuts you like! 🙂
Place the tray of goodies into the preheated oven and roast for 10 minutes. At this point, take the walnuts out of the tray, onto a small dish with a pair of tongs. Give the tray a little shake to allow even cooking, pop the tray back into the oven and roast for a further 10 - 12 minutes, until carrots are soft and carrot ends are a little charred (flavour town!).
To serve, transfer carrots onto a serving dish and sprinkle with roasted walnuts. Here you have it, honey glazed roasted carrots with walnuts under 30 minutes!
- Carrot tops can be used to bulk up any pesto! So reserve these carrot tops for next time when you wish to make pesto. Store as you would in the fridge as any other fresh herbs - wrapped in a kitchen towel and inside an airtight container.
- Leaving 2cm of the carrot tops on the carrots not only looks great, it's also edible.
- Taking walnuts out of the oven after 10 minutes ensure walnuts are roasted perfectly and not burnt. Burnt walnuts taste bitter and definitely unpleasant!
Other great sides to try
- Puff pastry pizza - a great side dish or a wonderful cheat 'pizza' for one of those nights when you just cant be bothered doing much
- Red cabbage salad - refreshing and healthy all rounder salad that goes with pretty much anything
- Chinese broccoli (gai lan) with shiitake mushrooms - Flavoursome, soooo flavoursome and healthy side of greens that will get our tastebuds dancing!
- Vietnamese rice paper rolls - simple, light and delicious. Another one of those sides that are perfect as a main too. Serve these like tacos - get the whole family involved!
Thanks for checking out my recipes! Let me know what you think and/or if you have any questions, drop me a note in the comments section below. 🙂
Honey glazed carrots with walnuts
- 1 bunch of dutch carrots
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup walnuts
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Cut carrot tops off, leaving about 2cm attached to carrots. Wash carrots thoroughly. (see Note1)
- On a lined baking tray, toss carrots and walnuts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with honey.
- Place tray in the middle of oven and roast. After 10 minutes, with a pair of tongs, take the walnuts out and return tray into the oven and roast for further 10 minutes. (see Note 2)
- To serve, place roasted carrots onto a serving dish and sprinkle with walnuts.