These are juicy, sticky, super delicious and best of all, easy to make! Sticky soy chicken wings are solid side dishes to a meal or a perfect tasty snack on its own!
Marinating the chicken wings
The key to these delicious wings is making sure you marinate these wings for at least 30min. Marinading the wings allows maximum flavours going into the wings and that's what makes them so irresistible and finger lickin' good! 😉 So don't skimp on this very important step!
TIP 1: Marinade for at least 30min for maximum flavour in your wings!
To marinate these finger-lickin' sticky soy chicken wings, simply mix all marinade ingredients in a large bowl, throw in the wings, mix thoroughly then cover with a cling wrap and pop it in the fridge for 30min (for max flavour, marinade for longer or even overnight if you have the time!).
When you're ready to cook, take the bowl of wings out of the fridge and leave on the kitchen counter for about 15min to allow the wings to come up to room temperature. This will ensure wings cook evenly.
Pop wings on a lined baking tray, allowing space in between - don't overlap the wings! You want the wings to cook evenly.
TIP 2: To ensure even cooking, allow spacing between wings and don't overlap them on the baking tray!
Tips around baking
Bake the wings at 200°C/390°F in the middle of the oven for 15min then baste the wings with reserved marinade. Back into the oven, but this time, change the oven setting to grill/broil at 220°C/430°F for 5 more minutes.
Take the wings out again, flip them over and back into the oven and grill/broil for 3 more minutes. By this now the wings will be perfectly caramelised and charred to perfection! Like below:
Sprinkle these lovely, mouthwatering sticky soy chicken wings with sesame seeds and finely sliced spring onions for garnish. Non-negotiable if you're entertaining or cooking to impress 😉
Enjoy! don't forget the napkins!
Sticky soy chicken wings
- 600 g /1.3lbs chicken wings
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds optional
- Sprinkle of thinly sliced spring onions optional
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or honey if you're feelin fancy
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced/minced
- 1 tbsp oil canola, sunflower, olive oil are all okay
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for the marinade then mix in chicken wings.
- Cover bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30min (longer the tastier).
- When ready to cook, take the wings out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature (about 15 - 20min). Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F fan-forced.
- With a pair of tongs, place wings on a lined baking tray and bake for 15min then baste wings with reserved marinade.
- Place wings back in the oven, change oven setting to grill/broil and turn temperature up to 220°C/430°F and grill/broil for 5 minutes. (see note 1)
- Take tray of wings out of oven again and turn wings over and grill/broil for further 3 minutes until charred and skin starts to blister.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and thinly sliced spring onions. Enjoy!